Saturday, February 19, 2011

Meet my Angels

I write a blog called Uniquely Lon. The other day I began to write a piece about gratitude. It ended up being about Angels and Teachers. I realized as I kept remembering more people from my past to express my gratitude to;  it was likely I would meet more people to thank in the future; so a separate space should be created. So welcome to Gratefully Yours, Lon.

ANGELS

Another angel has shown up in my life, well actually more than one, I think I'm learning to recognize them faster.
I'm not talking about Victoria's Secret Angels, Charlie's Angels or the California Angels. I'm talking about personal angels, who show up to guide you with love, laughter, a swift kick in the pants, and sometimes tears.

In my experience angels are usually living, though they don't leave when they die. I can invoke their presence when I need them. For some people they show up with four legs and bark. For others, white robes may be required. Some of mine have come and gone without me realizing, and only in retrospect have I appreciated what they taught me.

So in the following posts, I will be thanking the angels I have met, will meet, and those who are with me now, and now, and now.

Privacy rocks!: Many of my angels are not public figures, and out of respect for their privacy I will not use their real names without permission. Others have died or have public persona’s and I will link you to their websites when possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments. If you choose to post anonymously, I reserve the right to remove your post. Namaste. Lon